UPDATED: Thursday, March 26, 2020
Dear First Tee Family
We hope this message finds you well. This is an update on how the current Coronavirus situation is affecting the chapter and what our next steps will be. This situation is changing all the time but as of today this is where we stand:
- In order to ensure the continuity of our chapter, reduce the number of expenses we incur during this situation, and above all keep all of us safe, we will be suspending Spring Programs until the shelter in place has been lifted, and our partner golf courses reopen. This decision is not an easy one; but the safety of our participants, coaches and families is our priority.
- All programming will commence as soon as possible after the order has been lifted, and any registrations already paid for classes or any other programming will be honored at full value.
- Our Chapter’s fundraising efforts have been affected by this situation; one of our bigger fundraising events, the Mar Tee Gras Crab Feed, had to be cancelled earlier this month. During this time, if you, or anyone you know would like to support the chapter, please visit the donate page on our website. You can also get in touch with Jamie, Executive Director.
- All staff will be taking unpaid leave during this time. To keep the chapter functioning at a basic level, Jamie and Lucio will be volunteering some of our time.
- In the meantime, you can still stay engaged with First Tee! On our website we’ve created a page highlighting ideas we’ve received from coaches and First Tee families. If you have any games you would like to share, please contact Lucio! You can also stay in touch via social media on Instagram and Facebook (links below).
During this time, remember to keep a positive attitude, stay physically and mentally active and reach out to family and friends for support. Before we know it, this situation will be behind us and we’ll be back at the golf course making a positive impact on our community and enjoying the game we love. This situation presents a good opportunity to demonstrate the Code of Conduct, Core Values, and all our Life Skills in our own lives. We all are ambassadors of First Tee!
Stay safe and healthy!!